NAACAM has shared the second edition of PwC ‘s South Africa Economic Outlook February 2022. The report updates the different forward-looking scenarios for the South African economy presented in PwC’s first edition. The report provides insights into PWC ‘s perspective on the rising input inflation and interest rates. Which will challenge how many companies operate. Therefore, South African companies need to respond to these challenges.
In the edition, PwC has identified options available to their clients to mitigate and respond to the current economic climate. These options include but are not limited to:
• A holistic approach to cost-cutting (where ‘good costs’ are viewed as an investment in strategy execution),
• Thoughts on fixing interest rates,
• Ideas around skills and talent management,
• Supply chain optimisation,
• Planning for higher interest rates,
• Increasing private sector investment,
A key message from the report is that businesses must look at every cost-cutting opportunity as an opportunity to channel investments toward strengthening their value proposition. It is crucial to connect a company’s budget directly to strategic priorities; if the budget does not reflect critical priorities, there is little chance of executing its vision.
To download and read the full report, click on this link: https://bit.ly/3rBlV4z