AAAM has a number of events planned for the automotive sector. Firstly, there are two AAAM/VDA/Afrika Verein webinars, one titled “Affordable Mobility Solutions in the African Auto Sector” planned for 30 March 2022 at 14h00 and the other titled “Value Chains, sustainable development and job creation in the African Automotive Sector” on the 11th April also at 14h00. Please see the details below which have also been posted on AAAM’s social media sites. Please register either via the QR code or via the links provided.
Affordable Mobility Solutions in the Africa Auto Sector
Monday, 30 March 2022 at 14h00 – 15h15 SAST.
The webinar will be moderated by Claudia Voss the Managing Director of the Afrika-Verein.
The Panelists are –
- Serge Kamuhinda – Chief Executive Officer of VW Rwanda Mobility Solutions
- Ashit Shah – Chair of the KAM Auto Chapter in Kenya
- Tim Jaques – Chief Executive Officer, Motus Africa
- Frederick Seidu, Senior Trade Specialist, Trade and Finance, Afreximbank
Please register on https://us02web.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_NODbG61sSv-btCptyu_DWQ
Value Chains, sustainable development and job creation in the African Automotive Sector.
Monday, 11 April 2022 at 14h00 – 15h15 SAST.
The webinar will be Moderated by Rita Kavashe, Managing Director of Isuzu East Africa.
Panelists include: –
- Dr Kurt-Christian Scheel – Managing Director European Policy and Legal Affairs for the VDA
- Johan De Jager – Chief Operations Officer for AIH
- Shivani Singh, Commercial Director, NAACAM
Please register on https://us02web.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_DeZnGo35SZCn-UAyl2NRwQ
Then, on 31 March 2022, there will be a live/virtual presentation by Kwasi Ampofu from Bloomberg who will give an insightful presentation on some of their research findings on the following topics:- Electrification of mobility – Opportunities for Africa, Africa’s battery storage potential, and battery metals: Questions will be raised such as such as – Is there sufficient battery supply? This will be held at AAAM offices in Sandton from 10h00 -12h00. The address and dial-in link will be provided in due course.