We Are Hiring
Role: Projects Finance Officer
Duration: Twelve-month fixed-term contract
Reports to: Executive Director (NAACAM)
Applicability: All references to NAACAM below, includes projects or activities for any entity that NAACAM administers
Location: Woodmead, Sandton
- Ensure financial management and compliance requirements are fulfilled.
- Minimise financial risks to an acceptable level and pro-actively support their mitigation.
- Provide support and guidance to project staff to allow them to implement projects efficiently and effectively.
Key performance areas:
- Record and account for all transactions, ensuring accuracy and completeness of required files and supporting documentation.
- Ensure sound management of bank accounts.
- Process disbursements in accordance with financial management policies and established approval levels.
- Ensure compliance with procurement rules and procedures and support the project staff to undertake their procurement requirements.
- Responsible for full accounts payable function.
- Process employee expense reimbursements.
- Ensure timely payment to all company payees and maintain complete payee files.
- Prepare monthly financial reports.
- Perform month-end closing and year-end duties such as reconciliations, VAT reimbursements, inventory lists, etc.
- Ensure registration requirements are always kept current and files statutory returns and renewals.
- Maintain all accounting files to ensure completeness of evidence supporting accounting and procurement transactions for internal, audit and projects sponsor reviews.
- Perform continuous risk analysis to ensure internal controls are sufficient to mitigate risks.
Qualifications, skills, and experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent diploma in the relevant field (Accounting, Financial Management, Business Administration, etc.)
- Minimum of three (3) years relevant practical experience in similar responsibilities
- Valid SA driver’s licence
- Experience in the use of Sage Pastel
- Strong computer literacy (Excel, MS Word, PowerPoint Outlook and Internet Explorer)
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong analytical skills (to perform variance analysis, budgeting, etc.)
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills
- Self-confident, ability to work under pressure and multi-task, and
- Ability to work independently.
- English – Fluent (speak, read, and write)
Please submit the following to constitute an application
- Three (3) page curriculum vitae
- Details of two (2) recent contactable references
- Cover letter outlining your fit for the role and indicating your salary expectation
- Please submit these documents to [email protected]
- Closing date for applications is 16:00 on Friday, 15th May 2020