WRC Automotive Components (WRC) is committed to the South African Automotive Masterplan (SAAM) and has established itself as an empowered supplier with reputable strategic, operational and technical partners.
WRC is 51% black owned (with 30% black female ownership held through Resonance Capital with 21% held through Crimson Capital), and has a Level 2 B-BBEE rating. The company leverages off Webroy’s technical expertise, whilst benefitting from the strategic direction, knowledge and networks of the empowerment shareholders. Webroy is an existing component manufacturer that has been operating for over 45 years holding 49% in WRC.
The empowerment shareholders, whom themselves have had significant exposure to and experience within the automotive and industrial sectors view WRC as an integral part of their long term strategic growth plans within the sector, and are looking to further build this investment platform with established and aligned technical partners.
WRC supplies and produces the following automotive and industrial components:
- Wire forming (listing wires, convolutes and seat wires);
- Wire assembled frames (complete production and assembly of wire seat frames and armrests);
- Welding (robotic CO2 and projection welding);
- Plastic injection moulding (over-moulded components rod hoods, front seat cushion and front seat back);
- Springs (compression, tension and torsion);
- Metal pressed components; and
- Cold forging wire components.
Our key certifications and memberships are summarised below:
- Quality Certifications: ISO 9001:2015 and IATF 16949:2016
- Member of the Durban Automotive Cluster
- Member of the National Association of Automotive Component and Allied Manufacturers (NAACAM).
Our mission is to support economic growth through locally produced components for the automotive industry, to create jobs, to upskill and train people (employees and learners), thereby positively impacting the communities that WRC operates in.
Our vision is to become a leading manufacturing company within the automotive components sector and produce world-class products through continuously improving manufacturing and production techniques.
WRC will be guided by a strong value framework to ensure that its vision and mission is achieved through:
- Efficiency and Reliability
- Commitment and Creativity
- Transparency and Competitiveness
Each future project and investment will be aligned to the SAAM by:
- increasing local content / quality / competitiveness / supplier tiering;
- regional market and infrastructure development;
- creating equal opportunities for all;
- creating economic value & jobs; and
- training & skills development.
For any additional information, queries and/or quotes please email:
[email protected] or [email protected]