ECM is a medium-sized, independent, value-added manufacturer and supplier of automotive stamped and assembled components in South Africa. Founded in 1995 by John Caraher and later partnered with Euro Steel (AFMETCO) George Janos in 2008, the company has grown from its humble beginnings to a major player within the Automotive Catalytic & Exhaust Systems platform.
From complete tooling design, simulation and manufacture to component manufacturing services to the automotive industry. With a highly experienced tooling background and culture including latest tooling design software and simulation, ECM has the experience to take customer products and requirements from drawing through on to serial production. We have the experience and capabilities for cost-effectively stamping, welding, assemble, and to package our products according to each customer’s specific needs.
It is our focus and mission to build strong relationships with our customers based on trust and respect. At ECM, the key to our success is our ability to work alongside our customers. Customers have direct access to the directors/owners of the business and they are able and willing to ensure the correct person or department is available to assist with any questions or concerns. From tooling to production, ECM is an essential partner to its customers, bringing value to all parts of the production lifecycle. ECM has a diverse customer base, serving Tier 1 manufacturers in South Africa and abroad.
• Founded in 1995
• Privately owned and active in the company
• Over 22 Presses with 11 H-Frame stamping presses, ranging from 35 to 1000 tons
• Progressive Press Stamping
• Certifications: IATF 16949 – ISO9001
• Manufacturing facilities in Port Elizabeth South Africa
• Strategically diverse customer base.
• Continual investments in new equipment and technology
• Our production runs range from prototype, low volumes to the serial production of thousands of parts per setup.
Automotive Component ManufacturersTel: +27 (0) 41 405 6812 | Fax: +27 (0) 41 451 1192 | Cell: +27 (0) 82 452 3288 | Email: [email protected]
We are a 100% South African owned company and are proudly part of